Originally Posted by Klikitarik
I get you on that. It just seems kind of 'greenhorn' to bash a wolverine, but maybe that's just me. I don't like being within spitting distance of critters with their attitude.

And while I always like to tap winter-cut birch into halves at -20�, I can't imagine using the stuff to replenish a woodpile that has been burned through with more weeks of heat yet needed. Dead standing dry spruce sure isn't any harder to cut cold than warm and I imagine that's what they were after - or should have been. Either that or some of the millions of trees that topple into the river when the banks are eaten away during the summer.

Discovery did a nice job with Flying Wild, but that probably had a lot to do with the help of the folks they chose to center their show around. Most real "Yukon Men" wouldn't put up with the nonsense of having a camera crew traipsing in tow - or having to constantly drag their sorry asses out of the trouble they would be sure to get into. That's too bad. It could be an enlightening thing for many folks.

I trap and carry a leaded pipe about 3 foot long with about 12 inches of lead in a 1" black pipe.Stoves their skulls in one hit.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience