[Linked Image]

I bought a new old stock Uberti 1885 falling block 30-30 August 2005 in an on line auction ~ $500. I never shot it.

In first 3 weeks of Sept 2012 I finally got around to working on it.
I cut threads on a 26" Shilen #3 stainless select match .257 barrel. I chambered it for 257 Roberts Ackley Imrpoved rimmed. I necked down Norma 7x57mm rimmed brass and turned the necks.
I spent a long time making an extractor relief cut.
I spent a long time making a scope mount / bipod mount so that the barrel floated.
The bipod and forstock are mounted to a 5/8" OD 1/2" ID Aluminium tube that is mounted to the scope mount.
I made a prototype Cedar forstock, but did not get around to making a nice one or painting the barrel.
I put an Atlas bipod on it.

I drove 888 miles and started target practicing at long range in the second week of Oct. I zeroed it in with 115 gr Nos Bal tips moly 3050 fps at 200 yards.
300 yards was 3.5 moa elevation.
400 yards was 6 moa elevation.

In the 3 week of Oct I started killing deer with it.
By the end of the third week I had used up all my tags and drove 888 miles home.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps