Jordan;
Thanks for the reply Jordan, I trust that this finds you and your fine family doing well on this grey Sunday afternoon.

I'd have to admit that rotational speed of the projectile was the only variable I could come up with as well.

Now I'm aware that there are arguments that it can't make much difference, but I do know what we saw as a trend on several animals.

In the same vein then, taking in to account initial rotational bullet speed involved, it would explain how we've seen about equal tissue damage between our daughter's 6.5 Swede and an '06 that I used for years.

For the record that was on bucks only, both whitetail and mulie and the respective projectiles/speeds involved were 120gr2800fps and 140gr2650fps in the Swede and 165gr2850fps and 180gr2800fps in the '06.

As a by the way, we've yet to stop a 130gr TSX out of her Swede and the tissue damage that it produces has been adequate to say the least. wink grin

Anyway Jordan for what it is or isn't worth that's what I came up with too on the tissue damage subject.

We won't even begin to talk about how little tissue damage difference there was on mulie bucks or black bears comparing the .338Win and the '06... whistle

All the best to you and yours in the upcoming week Jordan.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"