KC.Entirely difernt story along the Anthracites. In 10 days we saw 8 elk. I never saw a hair. Forage was good at 10,500 and that is where the cows were seen. Down lower, grazing leases has stripped the entire area bare, down to dirt almost.

Crystal Creek, Little Pass and Pass creek were devoid of elk.The last day, I cut about 1/2 dozen tracks over closer to the Castles after that snow, but they were long gone by day break.

Tenderfoot outfitters took about 6 bulls the 1st season and two cows, one bull and one cow the 2nd season. Thier drop camps took zero. The bull was killed all the way up on Storm Pass at 12,000 ft.

I sent a couple NR over towards that honey hole I told you about,but they never got into it.

This was the 1st year in many that I did not see any elk or kill on einrifle season,but admit I was hunted out by the last day and my health kept me from hunting as hard as I wanted to.Good thing I put a cow inthe freezer during ML season. 6 hunters and one cow was tagged.

Last edited by saddlesore; 11/11/12.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles