Originally Posted by BuzzH

And Employees also agreed on a contract of wages/benefits and also signed on the dotted line through negotiations with Management (who signed the same contract).

Fair aint Fair though when the fertilizer hits the ventilator...

Were the Unions representing Hostess workers and Hostess in labor negotiations?

Yes.

Did Hostess offer the Unions a contract that would pay money for services rendered?

Yes.

Did the Unions turn down said deal?

Yes.

Did Hostess warn the Unions that they could either accept the deal or they would file bankruptcy?

Yes.

Did they file bankruptcy, and as of today are most of those Union workers out of a job?

Yes.

We can argue all day long about management, companies dying from the neck up, Hostess was a dead man walking, CEO's hired to do this and that. And you can continue to toe the Union line all you want. But none of that will change the FACT that the UNIONS walked away from the table and left these people out of work.

Thousands of workers out of work today, thanks to an agreement to pay a third party to collectively bargain for their jobs. Tell me again why a BAKER needs a UNION. i have a hard time understanding why a freaking baker or school teacher or restaurant worker or an electrician needs a union other than pure and simple GREED.

stop toeing the party line and tell me why a grown man would need somebody else to help him negotiate his salary.