smalljawbasser,

You're right, Hostess was a dead man walking...everyone with a single firing brain cell knew it.

The current CEO, was not hired to save the company...he was hired to liquidate the company (hatchet man). Thats what the guy does, thats his expertise as a "CEO".

Any employee, or anyone with even a remote clue, could figure out the company was toast either way.

I'd also tell them to stick in their a$$ in this case. Why work for 70% for a few more months to see the exact same result? Why let them use your 30% Salary savings to pay off the top execs, stock holders, and the liquidation CEO?

Just so you can watch them close the doors on THEIR terms with an even larger profit from ripping off their employees? The current CEO never had any intentions of saving the company and anyone that thinks otherwise is a FOOL. The previous 5 CEO's they hired in the last 8 years couldnt do it...what would lead you to believe the current liquidation CEO could?

I can tell you exactly why you need somebody else in Negotiations. Management hires experts to represent Management and negotiate with employees, vendors, safety, etc. etc. Thats ALL they do, full time job that they're paid for.

You expect an employee wiring a house or baking bread to be successful in contract, health/safety, benefits, etc. negotiations to represent themselves versus paid experts? They have a full time job they're doing already, and it has nothing to do with negotiations of any kind. Management would eat them alive in negotiations...FACT. Akin to pee-wee Herman taking on Mike Tyson in a boxing match...aint happening.

Having properly trained/educated negotiation team creates a level playing field in all negotiations. For the record, I'm pretty damn good at it.

Its the same reason I'd hire a lawyer to represent me in court...if you dont, you're simply begging for the mercy of the court system.

I dont beg...wont do it.

Last edited by BuzzH; 11/16/12.