We benefit from the fringes of the NWA herd at times. However, we also have a small resident herd of caribou in the not-so-distant hills, a difficult to access and hunt bunch that has been largely isolated for years. However, there are also some wild reindeer which seem to get lost among the wilds at times, sometimes for years. Obviously things get pretty mixed at times. This bull, a totally unmarked animal, no holes, or ear notches or evidence of tags, was among a herd of animals that were nearly all colored like caribou. However, he didn't appear to be as rangy in the legs as many of the caribou his size I've dealt with. OTOH, his antlers are larger and fuller than most of the local deer we have around here. So, I don't know if he was more a deer gone wild, or 'bou which fell in with the wrong crowd. In any case he was a wild animal which I'll report as a caribou kill, and a pretty set of antlers I'll keep regardless of their 'trophy' value or lack thereof.

I was pretty impressed both with the little revolver cartridge 'out yonder', as well as with the completeness of the rack when I saw it up close. Truth be told, I probably would have shot a fat cow if I had had a scoped rifle along. It was just a bit easier for my aging eyes to see a bigger target through the Wild West ghost ring sights the little carbine wears. wink

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.