No disrespect meant to anyone on this board; young or old. Especially BobinNH; he articulates his points in such a way as to preclude much argument and I admire that.

Another gentleman started this post asking what 375 to buy and a torrent of replies leaned towards the 375HH; a fine, proven round, as I have stipulated but certainly, not the only, nor in my opinion the best in terms of efficiency or velocity.

I own two 375R's; one is a custom Ruger built for me by a talented gunsmith in NC and another is a stock Alaskan that I just picked up from another good guy on this board. they both shoot, feed and cycle with no problems; can't understand an expert like Darcy having problems; I also used to have a push feed model built on a Vanguard action and it had zero issues as well. I sold it to a guy who plans to take it to Africa next year.

BobinNH: just because the 375R originated with an older case, doesn't mean it's not "new" New design, better propellents, and certainly better bullets are used than when that original case came about.

Here's to cold beer and cartridge discussions; hope they are both around for a long time.