Originally Posted by ColsPaul
That has been my impression at every gun show since '08, Windage.

I wish now I had stock piled a few crates of "black rifles"
to trade for M1's,M1A's
or great old single shots!
It goes back much farther than '08. Perhaps I'm now officially an "old-timer", but I can remember the craziness during the original ban. I hadn't been attending gunshows too many years before that one, so maybe it goes way back or maybe that was the beginning of it. One thing that boggles the mind is that the market never seems to be saturated and people never seem to run out of money.

As to trading for stuff. Forget about the M-1's and M1A's, etc. They are in the same boat as AR's. So are SKS' and the like. People who deal in antique guns are generally disdainful of AR's and usually won't trade for them. You'd have to sell it and then buy. I don't know how many times some old fogey at a table who didn't want to trade would tell me "you can sell it and then come back". No shixt Sherlock. Advice like that virtually assures that I won't come back if I do sell what I'm carrying. It is for damned sure that these same dealers who are selling at these prices won't give the same money for things you've got to trade, let alone the guys who deal in antiques and normally won't trade. They for sure ain't trading at double what the price was two weeks previously.