Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
I don't own a Highlander. I will never carry enough of my kit outside of a Hefty compactor liner to need that volume. If you need 7200ci, and aren't carrying a satcom radio/antennae or a 20lb. London Bridge med pack, you really should learn to lighten up.

TAK- you do not have any more idea about what I carry in or out; anymore than I do you. Could I get by with a 4000-5000 ci volume for a week long ( or 3 month long for that matter) "backpack" trip?- sure I could. But.... that volume is going to be pushing it when it comes to packing out an animal in same load. Heck- even 5000 ci. is sometimes pushing it for winter camping for a 4-5 day trip in the snow when camping with family and carrying some of their gear. And, I have very light and low volume gear. The only reason I went with the LH guide bag ( 7200 ci) over the standard LH (5200ci) bag was the weight difference was right at 2 oz. on my digital scale when I had them side by side. They both compress just as small;- they just do not both expand out the same.

So.... you have no idea what my needs are. So maybe it is you that should learn to "lighten up".