I have to agree with IndyCA35 about Zimbabwe. It has probably the best cape buffalo hunting for your money anywhere in Africa. Conditions in that country have greatly improved over what they were in 2008. The game is some areas has been very well managed and have plentiful wildlife.

I recently went on a Cape Buffalo hunt with my father in southern Zimbabwe. We were hunting with Three Ways Safaris and their concession was right across the Limpopo River from Kruger National Park. There was plenty of activity in that area from animals crossing the river from Kruger. My father and I each shot a nice cape buffalo. Both were very old with well developed bosses.

We hunted out of a camp on the river. However, it was pretty nice and your wife may be up to it depending on what sort of a person she is. We slept in tents that were pitched on concrete slabs and the camp had a shower with hot water and a flush toilet. We finished our buffalo hunt with a couple of days left and went back to the main lodge to hunt plains game. The accommodations there were VERY nice. I personally would not hesitate to bring my wife to either camp.

When we finished the hunt, my father and I had shot two buffalo, one elephant, two zebra, and two impala between us. In addition to the buffalo, there were plenty of other plains game in the area. I saw literally hundreds of impala. In addition we saw, but elected not to take warthog, giraffe, kudu, bushbuck, nyala, waterbuck, and duiker.

If I had the money, I would go back there in a heartbeat.
http://www.threewayssafaris.com/

Africa Hunting Safaris, Cape Buffalo Hunting, & Other Big Game Hunting Adventures