Well guys how was you last years bird season???
We had a better than average season in many ways..Blue grouse were down a bit compared to normal, but my goldens got their nose in a few..It was great to see my young pup grab her first ever grouse..
As for doves, they are pretty poor here, got a couple, but the pup ate one!!!!She was less than four mths. old when that happened so forgiveness was in order..

We had some excellent shooting on ruffed grouse for us..before deer hunting, we tried some spots for ruffs had a very good season..both dogs did rather well on these fellows..but they are not the magicians of the east coast..
Sage grouse was a bit below average..missed some excellent chances that would have had us up to par, but that is the way things go..lucky for me, my dogs forgave my miserable shooting those days..

Ringnecks, this was a better than average year for us..but usually I only get a couple..My old dog performed extremely well, but the little pup missed out on that hunt..During the last afternoon of the ringneck hunt, I got into some feral pigeon shooting..killed about 10..my best shooting of the entire season..

We also got a couple chukars, and a few huns..since that shooting is a 4 hour drive, we were happy with the results..may give it a try next week..

Did a bit of waterfowl also, a few ducks, but one morning lucked into a flock of Canadians..that was a treat..My pup had a ball, but was awed by the size of the birds..

Hope you had a safe and enjoyable season..still some bird hunting left here, but it will go on the new license for 2013..

Molon Labe