Personally, it was lousy: I had to have my right shoulder completely rebuilt in mid-June and my surgeon ("Dr. No") would't let me shoot anything bigger than a .22. I cheated and took my .410 single shot hunting in October, but with the drought--NO rain in the area we hunt this season so far, very little last season-- we found tiny coveys of quail and even fewer chukars. So we just shot in the air when we flushed birds and let the dogs work. The dogs were disgusted. I brought home two cottontails, and my son made em into a pie.

Got the go-ahead to shoot a real shotgun this week and am going back to a slightly wetter area, but of course it's the end of the season, so I expect a fairly scant number of birds even there.

HOWEVER being out in the boonies is worth EVERY little bit of effort, and even if it's just scouting for next year, it will be a ball. Taking an Italian Zoli 20 ga SxS with light loads, and my Single Six with the .22WRM cylinder in it (just in case I jump a coyote or a jack rabbit too far out for the 20). Our bird season ends 1/27.

Shrapnel, what's the Russian machine gun you are carrying in some of those pix? And is the Winchester with the turkey a '92 or a '94?

Very neat pix!

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong