Alright, I have a picture of the target but can't find a way to post it here. Anyways, I went to the range today and I decided to pull out the 30-06 again. Same load, H3031 with 180 grain speer bullets. I decided to try and get the best group possible using only one sandbag at 100 yards, which is similar to how I would shoot while hunting. Ended up shooting a .8 inch group, subtract the bullet diameter and I shot a half inch group. I am absolutely shocked by this. This is an old rifle with quite a bit of marks on it, shooting loads that barely fit the chamber topped with a blurry little Tasco 3x9. To think, if you were to improve the load, get a better scope, and free float the barrel I bet that rifle could shoot .5 inch groups easily. The question is, why? Does anybody have an idea as to why this thing is so accurate. Compared to my .308 that I can barely shoot 2 inch groups this is pretty good.

By the way, if I can bring myself to get an Ackley I might end up getting a .280 AI, if not 6.5x 284 for sure.