Originally Posted by BagABuck
On average I would say that 1 inch groups are average. I'm not the greatest shot, but i'm confident I can outshoot that rifle. My question is, do i need to bother upgrading anything considering it's already shooting better than what it's supposed to? I honestly don't know if I were to throw a Nightforce on it it would help anything.

You can always experiment with loads just for the fun of it, but when it comes to spending money on a gun that already shoots better than expected it comes down to what you want to use that gun for, how much money you have, and what you're getting for your money. If it's a rifle you intend to use a lot then a better scope might be worthwhile, particularly given how you described the current scope.

I see ads where manufacturers brag about 3 shot MOA groups such as on page 71 of the February issue of Guns & Ammo. People on this forum would consider that a starting point rather than something to be proud of. What it tells me, however, is that it's not easy to manufacture hunting rifles with sub-MOA accuracy. You could spend good money on your old rifle and find that it's no more accurate than it is now and maybe a lot worse.