NMSSHOOTER and I went beanfield hunting today in hopes of trying out his long range rig. It's a 7mag Sendero with a Swaro Z5 5-25x52 with the ballistic turrets. I took my 25-06 that I'm comfortable shooting out to 350-400.

First deer came out about 4:45 at the far end of the field. We hit it with the LRF at 633yds. Luke laid out prone, dialed it in, and let the 150gr NBT fly. I was watching in the binos and the deer hit the ground, but then stood back up wobbling for a few seconds before it collapsed, I thought, into the brush on the side of the field.

Since we had daylight left and wanted to wait a bit before we went after his deer, we kept watching the field. Ten minutes later another doe walked out about 40-50yds down the treeline. I've spent a good deal of time behind his rifle over the last few months so I decided to give it a try. It started at 707yds walking and stopped at 633yds, same as Luke's. I let it fly and she dropped DRT, not even a twitch.

We went to retrieve both deer and found that Luke's deer hadn't collapsed in the brushline, but had stepped down into a ditch and then made it into the woods. We blood trailed it for a while and then jumped it in the woods. It had lost a good deal of blood but we decided to leave and come back in the morning. It's going to be cold tonight, so the meat shouldn't be harmed.

Definitely think I'm going to be spending more time learning to twist turrets!

[Linked Image]

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.