Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by TATELAW
I guess I should clarify that the 25-06 was not used yesterday. Both shots were taken with the Sendero. It is the only rifle both of us have practiced enough with at distance to feel comfortable with. If I practice enough with the turrets on the 25-06 during the off season it may get used at that distance next year.

For those interested in number comparisons, that doe was deer number 9 that I have killed in my life. Only one has gone more than 20yds after the shot and that one made it about 100 yds across a field before it collapsed. I've never taken more than one shot per deer. Three of the last four deer I've killed have been at 300+yds.

Very hard to make this post jive with your first post.

He didn't shoot the deer that was unrecovered...

I took my 25-06 because we were set up about 300yds from one end of the field at a point where the field was about 100yds across. If a deer had come out on that end of the field I would have used my rifle. The deer happened to come out at the far end of the field(the opposite end) so we both shot using his LR rig. Where we set up we could cover 75% of the field at 400yds or less but it also offered long range opportunities at the far end. It just happened that the deer decided to come out at that end of the field on that particular day.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.