I am so sorry to hear about your pups Malanoma. I had a Black dog one time, I had an Irish Setter, a White German Shepard and him. A black dog. His lineage was unknow as I found him wandering a dirt road hige in the hills surrounding Tucson years ago. He had no particular breeding, nothing to distinguish him other than his love for us and our love for him.
I first noticed a red "scratch"? in his eye. It didn't hear after a week or so, so I took him to the Vet where I found he had Melanoma. The Vet said it is always fatal in dogs and to operate would be very expensive and he would probably still die in the end.
I paid the Vet to operate and dig the cancer out of our pup.
He still got worse in spite of the surgery and a few weeks later I had to put him down. His right eyeball was pushing out of the socket and I could not stand to see him there ,, in pain,, silently suffering.
He was my buddy,my best friend and he loved our entire family. He was a "special person" to all of us. I still get tears almost 20 years later thinking about him. It is funny how a simple dog can endear itself to you so deeply for so long.
My Vet gave me the needle to send him on his way to the "Brigdge". I couldn't muster up the wherewithall to do it to him. I had to ask my Son in Law to do it for me. I cried like a child, but I did in fact bury my old friend in a place he would never be bothered and that only I and my wife knew.

Last edited by Ruger 4570; 01/08/13.