changing a scope on my NEF in 17 HMR tonight... and it got me thinking... for my needs, a heavy barrel NEF chambered in 17 Hornet as a truck gun would certain fit my needs...

I've looked at both the Savage offerings and the Ruger.. and was not overly impressed with the fit and finish on either, nor was I impressed with the prices...

However picking up an NEF with a Synthetic stock, and then get me another 17 HMR barrel and have a local gunsmith friend rechamber it to 17 Hornet, would not be a bad route to go..

one of those and then a good price on a Ruger Blued 22 Hornet with a wood stock and then have a 17 Hornet barrel custom fit on it, certainly seems a way to get a more attractive rifle in 17 Hornet...

or wait until CZ puts one out in their 527....

will contact NEF tomorrow... and check out the potential of one being in the works...

or considering one in a Savage short action ( Model 10 ), where you can get a 22 Hornet bolt face from Cascade over here in Central Point...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez