Originally Posted by DocRocket
Good advice from you all, guys. Thanks a lot.

My PH emailed me that he INSISTS on 300 gr Swift A-frames or Woodleigh softpoints for buff in 375 caliber, which I frankly have no problem with. I've looked at the ballistics tables for 270's vs 300's, and I can live with the slightly less-flat trajectory of the 300's.

My first deposit check went out in the mail today. What a trip! I'm totally stoked, dudes!

Your PH is giving you good advice but any premium 300 gr soft will work and I would choose whatever shoots best in your rifle.

A word on the 270 gr TSX. I once killed a buffalo with it but I wouldn't do it again. The first shot was broadside and hit him in the spine and knocked him down but he got up and I put a raking shot through his arse as he ran off. When we dissected him we found that the first shot was stopped by the spine without breaking it and the bullet veered off into the brisket without hitting anything vital, the second shot apparently killed him. I don't know if it was a freak thing or not but I don't think I'd hunt them again with that bullet, I'd go for the 300 gr instead with its greater SD.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis