Jim,

I went with the Burris Fast Fire 2 just because I had it. I have 3 FFs and really like them for turkey hunting. If I were to buy another, I'd probably buy the new 3 to try it.

I bought a Burris Marlin 336 mount for the pictured gun. I like the 336 mount as its low profile and looks much cleaner than the weaver style Burris mount. Since the marlin mount is flat, it will work on most shotguns as the 1/4" to 3/8" flat on the receiver that transitions to the rib give that flat base a sturdy surface. You have to get two holes drilled and tapped for the 336 mount.

The only issue I have with the 336 mount is it will have side to side play even though the heads are cs. It still has play if not tight. I barely snug the screws while I have loctite on the threads and glance down the base to make sure it's lined up with the rib or bbl, then torque it down. I haven't had any movement but suppose if its bumped hard enough it could. For insurance, you could put a line of clear glue down either side where the base meets the receiver on the left and right side. The best thing would be to bed it, but I haven't simply due to how light the sight is.

Some people don't like that you have to remove the sight to replace the battery, but it doesn't bother me as the led will run thousands of hours on one battery and that's years as far as turkey hunting goes. I don't even turn mine on until I'm set up in a place.

The only thing I don't like about FFs is that they are a pain to sight in as the adjustments move the dot quite a bit. The good thing is after you tighten the locks they seem to stay zeroed. About the easiest way to sight one in is to shoot dove loads at about 10yds with the choke you intend to hunt with, then back off to 40 and see if your turkey load is zeroed.

Have a good one,

Ronny