Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by utah708
I still buy them when I get a good deal, and use them for my main hunting guns, but I have no idealist delusions about their quality.
Your ulterior motives are showing through your thinly disguised criticisms.

If stainless left-handed Model 70s are SOOOOOOO "bad," then why bother at all? Stainless MRC actions and stainless Ruger 77s are widely available. If a stainless left-handed Model 70 were that "bad," then the solution is easy: DON'T BUY IT. Of course if you're interested in buying one -- or more than one -- it's to your advantage to plant those seeds of doubt in your potential competitors.
I don't bother at all....I wouldn't touch one for $600, and could care less if they bring out lefties or not. I have owned three lefty Winchesters actually, the 338, and then the newer versions in 7mm and 300 WSM. The WSM's were as equally unimpressive. Didn't have quite the flaws that even Ray Charles could see out of the box, but they were not anything special, and certainly not anything to mention as far as accuracy. I would pay $900 for a stainless Ruger long before I would pay even $700 or $800 for a lefty stainless Winchester.
Now they decide to save a few pennies by having the guns assembled in Portugal.....screw them, they are in the same downward tube as Browning.
BUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Your sour grapes bullshit is getting deeper.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.