Originally Posted by Reloader7RM
I haven't wanted a new pistol in quite a while, but after shooting my BIL's new XDs, I sort of have the bug again. I've always been more of a revolver guy, the accuracy and triggers of my revolvers have sort of spoiled me. I do have a couple cheap striker fire autos and just got rid of an inaccurate Model 96 40, so it's time to upgrade. I was suprised by the accuracy and low felt recoil of the little XDs 45, but the trigger left a bit to be desired. At first I was thinking along the lines of an XDM, XDS, M&P, or Kahr, but after playing with quite a few, I just can't get past the terrible triggers. Then the 1911s caught my attention, always wanted one and the triggers on some are similar to the revolver triggers I'm fond of. The problem is it seems there are dozens of them to choose from. Looking for some suggestions on a 1911 in the sub $800 range that's worth owning. Accuracy, stock trigger, and reliablity are my main concerns. Does such an animal exist or does one have to get in the 1k+ range to get a quality 1911?

Thanks,

loder

For the money IMHO Springfield Armory brings a lot to the table

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first