Blued Kimber Custom, either the standard Custom or Custom Target if you want adjustable sights can come in just under your $800 figure if you shop gunbroker.

Caveat: my first version Kimber Custom Target bought several years ago was absolutely perfect from the box, this second one I bought recently, a II version, shot way to the right even with the left windage adjustment maxed out. I had to send it back but Kimber fixed it for free, including free shipping back and forth, and now it's a great pistol. That's a sample of one so I can't say about the majority of their wares but some folks report that Kimbers can be hit or miss. I just mention this in case it's a "miss" they will make it right at no charge. Most folks seem to be really happy with their Kimbers, as I am.

The Ruger SR1911 is a good basic 1911 and goes for $699.99 locally, looking around online they could go for a bit less or a lot more depending on where you buy. The trigger on mine was excellent out of the box, accuracy was "good" but not quite up to the two Kimber Custom Targets. But then the Ruger is all stainless if that is important.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!