Originally Posted by TF49
Gee whiz longbob,you make it up as you go along. I never said anything like this:

"And you made my point that you can decide to be as evil or bad as you want just as long as you accept Jesus as your savior before you die then you get the ticket into Heaven."

This must have come out of your own misundertanding and ignorance. Oh, and perhaps your lack of scholarship.

Not only did I NOT say that, it is quite untrue.

TF

I realize that reading comprehension is not everyone's strong suit, but I said it was MY point and that you were helping to make it. What I wrote is a 100% true that you could commit those sins and still be accepted into Heaven by your Bible by accepting Jesus Christ as your savior that died for your sins.

These are your words.

Originally Posted by TF49

The problem with this is that one is only "as good as he wants to be." This is a problem common to most, in fact I have it as an major issue. ONLY AS GOOD AS... I.... WANT TO BE. This way I only have to satisfy myself and not some external deity. If one's moral standard comes from within oneself, you don't know what you'll end up with. I suspect that most Muslim suicide bombers do truly believe and believe that their own "internal moral code" justifies their act.

I suspect that ALL of us struggle with this in some way.

All the best,

tf

The way that you would answer to your deity is whether or not you accept Jesus Christ as your savior. I could care less what the God of the Bible requires of me. His own behavior that is written in the same books that you follow is not anyone I have respect for to lead me.

Maybe my standards are higher than yours. I dunno.