Originally Posted by CCCC
� Ken, I cannot understand your aim there with your words "whether he's a Christian acceptable unto God". I can't tell who "he" is supposed to be. And, in view of what has been posted, I can't understand why you think your declaration is necessary, particularly in my case (in that you cite me) with regard to God being the sole decision-maker about the acceptability of anyone. Never thought or said anything to the contrary. �

1. I did not cite you, Brother Paul � tried, in fact, to indicate clearly that my post was independent of any other post. I'm surprised that you'd think that I did aim my comment at you.
2. Any general comment posted in the first blank space after a post always gets the re: in its header, totally irrespective of the intended focus of that comment.
3. My general address "To all whom this may apply" was specifically intended to eliminate the implication that this inevitable re: was focused on anyone in particular.
4. Jesus specifically said that He won't accept everybody who considers himself acceptable unto Him. On the basis of this and for other Biblical reasons, I understand that the final cut is His decision, not the claimants'.
5. The word you in my post is plural and refers to the carefully unfocused general "To all whom this may apply."
6. The word he in my post is the simpler and handier English equivalent of the words any of the above.
7. The comment that "the final say in the matter is God's decision alone" was only a comment, not meant to lead into a learned or opinionated theological discussion (much less a personal "mine's bigger'n yours" comparison behind the outhouse).

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.