Originally Posted by kend
I stopped at a gun shop today on the way to the range. It's a small shop in a small town. I bumped into an aquaintance outside and asked him what he was up to. "Buying a gun and selling one", he said. I asked him what he was selling and he told me he had a Winchester 32 WCF lever action. I told him that I might be interested and to go ahead and see what the owner would pay for it and then we could discuss it. I milled around the store and bought a magazine for my 1911 and after a bit, this guy called my name. I went over to the counter and he said, " This guy is going to give me $700 for this rifle". " What would you pay?" The owner came out of his chair and his wife got in my face. I turned around and left. I don't know what model the Winchester was. It had a octagon barrel and the butt was crescant. Dang nice rifle. Too bad the seller is an idiot.

YES, too bad....it could have been handled better, just go outside the store.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt