Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by Huntz
[quote=pahick]and the "Deer Thugs" is Mossy Oak. The Federals are bonded....

Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
WTH does "deer thugs" mean? Who is this being marketed to?

Deer Thug=Today�s Hunters United for Good marketed by Mossy Oak. Who are they marketing to? ....

pahick;
Hopefully this finds you and yours well this cool Sunday morning sir.

While I usually try to give manufactures the benefit of doubt in marketing their products, I can't support this one from Mossy Oak and Federal.

Despite the overuse of acronyms everywhere in our culture, the term "thug" has had a negative connotation in our language for more than 200 years.

Looking at it from the perspective of having been a Hunter Safety Instructor/Examiner for 20+ years, I can't conceive of a situation where I could explain to the non-hunting parents of a young hunter how being associated with anything named "thug" is positive.

Every year we do get non-hunting parents bringing sons and daughters in to become hunters here in BC, sometimes taking the course with their kids in support of them. While we try not to be overly PC in our language, we still need to be aware of the message we're sending to folks who are new to hunting.

Again, I can't envision how I'd begin to defend the use of the term "thug" as I'm attempting to articulate to one of those parents the reasons I'm compelled to head into the mountains every fall in the pursuit of protein for our family.

Anyway, if someone from either Mossy Oak or Federal wants to explain the rationale behind the use of that term to me I'll most certainly listen, but they'll have to be pretty convincing to change my mind at this juncture.

All the best to you and yours in the upcoming week pahick.

Regards,
Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 02/24/13. Reason: better sentence?

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"