Originally Posted by E Blair
How did you get Remington to chamber a Mod 7 in .300 Savage? Is this a special order or what?

I'm not sure how long ago (I'm guessing about 10 years ago) Remington made an over-run of 300 Savage Model 700 barrels. They released the barrels to a now defunct distributor. The distributor was selling the NIB barrels for $15 each. I actually found this information by doing a 24 HR Campfire Google search. I sent a PM to one of the members who said he�d bought 5 or 10 of the barrels and asked if he still had any. Sure enough, he had one left. A Model 700 barrel will screw right onto a Model 7 without issue. Of course since the barrels are not index threaded it had to be hand-fitted and a chamber tool utilized to line up the caliber designation and sights. Walla! Model 7 300 Savage! What a sweet lightweight little rifle! Thanks for asking. I love building unique Model 7�s.

Here�s a 6mm in a Brown Precision stock. Again I found a �New-in-Grease wrap Packaging� 24� Model 700 1-9 twist, 6mm sporter-weight barrel. I did lop 2� off for balance and added a Model 70 style 3-position safety.

Top: 6mm
Middle: 300 Savage
Bottom: Custom Shop 35 Remington

[Linked Image]

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?