Originally Posted by Calhoun
Got to think the company itself isn't wholly to blame, otherwise why would they send an email out if they were the ones stealing your credit card data?

And if it was somebody else buying it, why put in your actual email address rather than a fake one? The goal here is to keep you from knowing you were charged until they get the goods.

This is odd..
Odd indeed, and I had the same question - 'why would they send an email sayin' I bought something'??? It didn't make sense..

Originally Posted by pahick
Id be worried HOW they got your banking info. Its nice the bank took care of the charge, but that doesnt help that this was fraud! Proper paper work from the police dept would be on my desk and being filled out, and a call placed with the FTC. Id also pull reports from the 3 major Credit bureaus and might even put a fraud alert on all 3. The bank took care of it, but from the sounds of it, aren't doing anything to prevent it again.

I've got Lifelock - and they checked right away this am but found nothing.. Not much the bank can really do.. I had them immediately cancel the card and will be issued a new one with a new number (obviously), to arrive here in about 4-5 days...

Cops won't do diddly for a measly $50.. I will check with the FTC though... never thought of that one.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!