Mark,
I've had 6 quads. I usually but not always ride alone and go to the MOST remote places I can find. Cross country, over logs, down creeks, you name it. I've hauled two guys, all archery gear, and one 4 point bull out of the woods on a Honda fourtrax 4x4 300cc. Ive had a Suzuki 300 King Quad with Hi/low range, a Kawasucky 400 4x4 automatic, and four Honda Fourtrax 4x4's. My buddy recently bought a $9600 Suzuki that I have pulled out twice and pulled over a rock pile out of a creek once. The independent suspension machines ride nice, beat you less, which may be very important for you. The newer nicer machines have power steering, and you may want that too. The little machine I have now (Honda) is the most capable machine I've ever seen or ridden. Others ride nicer, bigger machines use more fuel, Honda 3 gallons a day. Your physical condition may warrant checking out the independent suspension power steering machines. Expect to lose off road performance in tight spots with the bigger machines, but in some situations like wet snow, the faster tire speeds of the large machines can really move material. Weight to size ratio on the Fourtrax 4x4 is ideal for crusty snow, go right over the top without sinking in. All in all, size, weight, capability, I myself keep coming back to the Fourtrax. Manual transmissions make roll starting possible where some/all electric start machines this may not be possible. I got 10 years out of my original battery on my first one, never made a single repair, rode it REALLY hard, and out 4x4'd everyone I was with in almost every instance.
Consider your actual use and choose according to YOUR priorities. I'd consider comfort important for you.

LOL