I like them, I have WSMs and a SAUM and the RCM case is better feeding than either. I rather liked the Compact Magnum rifles too so I bought one of the 338rcms.

Still they were too late by a decade to be a commercial success. I have enough brass to shoot my RCM for the rest of my life and (once the current crazyness is over) its likely you will be able to feed a RCM for quite a while with the internet. Heck I am sure there were 100 rcm rifles sold for every 480 Ruger pistol and brass is easy to get for that.

The RCM that they didn't make, but might have been cool would have been a 6.5. It really wouldn't have had much competition (most LR/precision shooters aren't that fond of belts) and it would have been a step up from the 260/6.5 creed and perhaps a slight edge to the 6.5x284 that would really fit in a SA. But truthfully there are so many chamberings now days that everything is splitting hairs. Heck I could have gone 338-06 AI instead of RCM and what my rifle would be .5"longer? big deal

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge