[Linked Image][/URL]

Sorry Grey Dog but my opinion differs for much the same as yours. I find those features to be the saving graces. I toted mine yesterday all day long due to its compact size and quick handling. While I should have facts in front of me before shooting my mouth off, I can simply say my rig is noticeably "light".

While I own many other appropriate rifles that could have done the job, I selected to bring the .338 RCM for a day cruising for Spring Bears. I can hand carry the short rifle various ways, even pointing down holding the pistol grip without the muzzle hitting the ground....and I'm short. I think the .338 offers an increased frontal diameter which is reported to make a noticeable difference on game. I'd prefer to dump a bear and not have to get into the thick timber to work on a blood trail.

I'm still working with 50pcs of brass. I'd looked a while ago and could not find much. Guess I really need to place a Back Order.

But I was actually thinking about checking to see if any of these Leftys were floating around at wholesale close outs, as I don't think they were hot sellers. But I do think its a very practical rifle. And I realize the niche for a mid range bear rifle for patrolling logging roads and clear cuts is relatively small.

Please God, give me some good tags this year....