Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
did anyone notice bergers reloading manual non of their VLD offerings are loaded much beyond 3000 fps. well at least the offerings in 6mm 6.5 and 7mm which are all I care about anyways. I would be interested is this setup can shoot close to 3200 fps and give decent brass life. decent brass life for me would be 5 or more loadings so 6 total firings, which to most people this would be short brass life.

what brand of brass are you guys using?? I played with 2 different 264 win mags and could never get speed and accuracy together that I wanted. all I played with was VLD bullets, dreaming one day of half moa and a 140 class bullet running at or near 3200 fps. never got there and gave up after trying 8-10 powders and all the VLD bullet brands available.

Check out the "Re-tooled" post by scenarshooter on this forum. Here's an excerpt:

Originally Posted by scenarshooter
No. Easy bolt lift, round primers, seven firings so far on one batch of 10 brass with the pockets holding up so far....I probably won't push too hard. There's no need to. It is already besting a 6.5-.284 by 100fps, with less pressure. Probably why Team GAP is getting 2500-3000 rounds out of their barrels before they quit shooting.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD