Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
the nice thing about this setup is its seems to be able to be repeated. I have had customs not turn out the way I wanted and frankly it sucks when you have waited and waited and the gun just doesn't do what you thought.

I think this setup pushes the VLD bullets about as fast as you accurately can, but the strange thing and I still don't get this is why the barrel life is so long, I know the reason george says its long, but it would seem the answer to ever a big bore barrel burner is just use a bigger case loaded with less pressure. I am not sold on that applying everywhere. I also don't see why the more common WSM case loaded the same way wouldn't do the same thing. none the less its seems to be working well here. If I wanted one I would have GAP build it though and follow exactly what they recommend with it.
If the search function or the Google search function will let you go back far enough, look up some of Ken Howell's thoughts on the matter. Especially those for his purpose of designing the 220 Howell (.22 on a 30-06 case) like he did. It is very close to what George is postulating...