Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
Originally Posted by sollybug
Lhook, no because the faster bullet is smaller and lighter. It will be more effected by wind. Lose it's momentum faster, more likely to fragment, greater deflection, smaller wound channel ( after expansion), less stable, etc. Use a heavier bullet for better results and the .325 above 200 grains would be on the right track!

By and large I'd agree with you. But I toyed around with the 160 grain TTSXs out of my 325 and was able to get them to 3100 fps. If the BC is true then it gets 19" of drop and 13" of wind drift. While I was only able to get the 200 grain AB to 2750 fps (mostly due to lose case capacity with being mag box restricted) which leads to 23" drop and the same 13". They both shoot the same around 1" sometimes better sometimes a about 1.25" but I think thats more attributed to me than the rifle laugh

Still trying to figure out which one to go with. The tinkering side of me wants to have the 160 TTSX for sheep and caribou and moose and 200 NPTs for bears which also shoot around 1". But the logical side of me says use the 200 NPTs for everything and rock on. laugh

There is a lot of advantage to using one bullet weight but the 160 TTSX is such a great bullet. My Browning gets 3200fps with RL 17 and it shoot flat and maintains MOA to 500 yards on a still day. Great load! Took it caribou hunting last season but the caribou only come around when I have my 6.5 Rem Mag with me.

Last edited by North61; 04/28/13.