Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
Originally Posted by jswbga
Thanks in advance! I'm planning a summer 2017 trip to AK. I promise to pull over at every turnout and get the heck out of everyone elses way. smile

Holy planning!!! I don't' even know what I'm doing this afternoon let alone 4 years from now wink

yes, I'm a bit of a planner. smile

the trip will be (as slated so far....) 70 days in total. Spending a week working my way to Seattle, taking the ferry to Ketchikan, then moving northwards, town by town, river by river, trout by salmon, grayling by bear, wolf by glacier, observing what happens when God decides to show off a bit. smile

On a side note.... my camper is a bumper pull hybrid with soft walls. its nice and lightweight (better mileage, easier to tow).

would you locals consider the soft walls a liability vs the local bear population? I realize they can come into danged near anything they decide to get into.... but am I asking for trouble in a soft walled camper?

(am I an idiot for trying, or a pansy for asking?)

we don't have a lot of bears in my corner of Texas.....

shane

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell