It depends. I thought the 55 MPH limit was a joke. But all the interstates I drive on now have 70-75 mph limits with 65 in some urban areas. Considering almost all LE will give you 10 MPH most of us can drive 75-80 anyway. That is as fast as I want to go and puts me sligtly ahead of the flow in most places.

In Georgia (with a few exceptions ) most LE are required by law to give you 10 over the limit. That law was put in place to limit speed traps. The exceptions are school zones, construction zones and Georgia State Troopers. Local LE cannot write a ticket unless you are 10+ over the limit. While GSP can technically write you for 1 mph over, I've never known of a GSP officer to write a ticket that was not deserved.

My gripe is with small town cops who are only employed to generate revenue. There are at least 3 tiny communities between Atlanta and Chattanooga with 1 patrol car departments, not a single traffic light and 4-5 miles off the interstate. Yet that 1 patrol car is always on the side of I-75 instead of preventing crime in their small towns.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.