Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
I really don't have a dog in this hunt as I don't hunt with pumps much anymore. There's a Nova in the safe, but that was my brothers and will be my sons very soon. I have a BPS 10 and I'm getting too old and fat to lug that around. But all the guys I hunt with that carry Novas swear by them. They don't treat their guns very nice either. One guy had a rattle in the fore end and found a fix on the internet , but I think that's pretty much standard for these guns. I have NEVER heard of one breaking down in the field. Same can't be said about 870s. Broken springs, followers, lost plugs, trigger mechs, I've heard it all. There's a reason these Italians have been in the gun business for over 500 years.

I run Benelli and Beretta semi-auto myself and have never had any problems. 1000s of rounds. Swamps, fields, lakes, potholes, skeet, trap, sporting clays, all good to go. Which reminds me...I should clean em after last hunting season.

Kamo - Congrats on the jewelry! Well done! Sup wit da spittin' image Kamo Dude looking same-same?

You can field strip a Nova using no tools too, BTW. There is a 'nipple' on the magazine tube cap that is designed to knock out the pins keeping the trigger assembly in place.

I'm with you 100% on the 'used to run a pump' but grab a semi these days mostly thing. My daily shooter is a slightly tricked-out Beretta AL390. One of my closest buddies is the owner of a company that manufactures aftermarket shotgun parts of all sorts (surecycle.com) and that is one he got for me new but dirt cheap. He then decked it out for me at the shop mechanically, and had it dipped by a fellow shotgun industry buddy down in TX.

He is now in full production mode with his shotguns:(srmarms.com)

As far as the bands, thanks. I've been lucky. I have friends who've never gotten a banded bird in 40 years local hunting. I got 9 or 10 the first few years after I started. But then I guess with numbers being what they are, a silly fellow in the field 60 days a season is a wee bit more likely to luck on a banded bird than the guy who averages a baker's dozen as far as days afield. But I dunno'. wink

[Linked Image]

Oh, and that other dude is my big brother. Ugly, ain't we? smile

Last edited by kamo_gari; 09/08/13.