I am currently looking to buy my only pistol that I will have for some years.
1st: A little background. I've owned CZ75, Springfield XDM, Sig 1911, Springfield 1911, and for one day a glock.

I am only interested in 45 ACP, (not because I believe it is superior at protection) but because I prefer how the recoil feels on the 45 and I tend to shoot it more accurately.

The XDM was a great gun, but I could not shoot it accurately I think because the length of pull from the handgrip to the trigger was too short for me. The 1911 feels natural in my hands and I shoot them well.

I picked up a clock and well it didn't feel as comfotable as the 1911, I could tell that when I pulled the trigger on the glock my sights did not sway off target like they did when I shot the XDM. and it felt like i would be able to shoot it decent. So I bought a used G21 and took it to the range. this thing sprayed bullets all over the place. I mean horrible accuracy and I felt very comfortable with the gun and how I was shooting it. The accuracy was so bad I took it right back and traded it for a shotgun.

So I really like the idea of the reliability, mag capacity, and supposed accuracy of the glock but I'm really affraid to try on as the last one shot horribly. Should I just stick with the 1911 Ruger commander or do you think I just had a bad glock because it was used?
any problems with the new gen 4's like bulging brass, malfunctions? I've heard nothing but awsome reviews on the ruger 1911 for accuracy and reliability.

Maybe I should buy a new glock to give it another try and if I don't like it I can sell it for the commander when one actually shows up at the gun shop.