An old Dr. buddy of mine has a 26" S/S 20ga Ithaca that he bought new in the early 70's when he was a big Quail Hunter. It's choked Imp. & Mod. He let me hunt with it quite a bit when I was in High School & I could always hit pretty much anything that flies with it.
I've been trying to buy it from him for 35 years & he still won't sell, even though he hasn't hunted with it for 25 years. I just love that little S/S 20 ga Double! Maybe someday he will sell it. I keep hoping....

I'm just too cheap to buy a new Merkel, but I'd love to have one of their little 20 or 28ga SxS. I don't bird hunt much any more except for the opening week of Dove Season, here in TX, so it's just hard for me to justify spending a lot of cash on a shotgun that will just set in my safe 95% of the year.

I've got an old Savage 311 12ga SxS that I had cut down to 20 inches for a house gun for the ranch house. I hate the double triggers, and it kicks like a frickin Mule!
I use it about once a year when one of my Nephews wants to go Duck or Geese Hunting. 3" steel shot doesn't seem to have done any damage to the barrels after all these years. It's a shooter, and works well, but damn it's ugly cool

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/08/13.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~