Too many people turn their noses up on guns like the Crescent's and lesser known Spanish guns because they don't impress like the better known guns. That's good foe those like me.....and I can buy a great gun for less money than their quality should bring.

I have two Crescent's at present. A really lightly used 16 gauge that weighs maybe 5 1/2 pounds and carries and kills like a gun worth twice it's purchase cost.

The second is a .410 in 90% plus condition. This gun is sweet as Crescent built their guns on properly sized frames for each gauge.....something even high priced gunmakers don't always do. It is chambered for the older 2 1/2" shells instead of the 3" guns most often seen today, but that is OK with me. The shorter shells kill just as well at the ranges that are proper for the .410 bore.

My 12 gauge field gun is a high grade AYA that has the unusual combination of ejectors and a single non-selective trigger. Was told that these guns were set up that way for live pigeon competition. Don't know, but it is deadly in the field for anything that flies.

My 20 gauge is a Spanish made gun marked Marixa Eibar. Have no idea who the real maker was but it looks a lot like the Sarasqueta's I've owned. Great balance and light weight (proper size frame) but is cursed with one of those oversize beavertail forearms. Been meaning to correct this "flaw" by carving it down to a splinter style and recheckering.....but keep putting it off.

My only Upper and lower shotgun at present is a cool Sarasqueta 12 gauge that has an aluminum frame and trim stock. It weighs just under 6 pounds and is a joy to carry and shoot with 1 oz. or 1 1/8 oz. loads that are perfect for upland game. I did try it with 2 3/4" Short Magnum loads and it "bucked up a might" as my daughter used to say. That's OK as these loads are a bit too much for the lightweight frame (in my opinion) and I have better suited guns for the duck blind anyway.

Yes, I am a real fan of the lesser known guns from Spain as well as the American made Crescents. Can't find more value for the money in my opinion.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know