Revolvers often shoot better than semi's unless the semi is worked over to have a very precise and consistent lockup

My thinking on this is the fixed relationship of the sights to the barrel on revolvers. Knowing how much even a tiny movement of the sights can move POI, a revolver's barrel and sights never move in relation to each other. Even though the chambers might not align perfectly with the breech the forcing cone will guide them into that barrel pretty straightly. Now a revolver severely out of time that shaves or otherwise damages the bullet can make the bullet go astray, but that muzzle and the sights are always pointed at the exact same place in relationship to each other.

But a semi with the sights on the slide has to lock up the exact same way every time, otherwise the barrel and the sights have a slightly different relationship to each other each shot.

I think that's one reason why Ruger semi-auto .22's are so universally accurate. The barrel might not be the most high quality tube in the world (or maybe they're excellent, I don't know) but the sights do not move in relation to it for each shot.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!