I immigrated to Canada in 1972--small town pop.2500--it was a training detachment at that time and we had a lot of (young)OPP for a small town. I worked in a grocery store so I got to know many of them in short order. Curled and played fast-pitch with 'em and we partied hard--a few of them were pretty fair fishermen and hunters. There were a few that were fire breathing dragons but the old-timers got them sorted out fairly quickly from what I could see.

I'm no angel but I ain't a criminal either. Got a couple of speeding tickets which I deserved and got several warnings when I probably should have gotten a ticket. One of my buddies on the force had to charge me with Impaired Driving in 1977. He felt bad about it but I was driving drunk and I sure don't hold it against him. Turned out for the best anyway cause I haven't had a drink since.

I thank the good Lord every day that I didn't hurt anyone while impaired and I'm grateful to the young OPP that help turn my life around by doing the right thing. We are still buddies all these years later.

In 1991 I moved outta town 30 miles and have only occasionally talked to a police officer since. Occasionly got stopped at 'Ride' programs and seatbelt checks. I have noticed a big change in attitude among the few officers I have met. It seems to be an 'us and them' thing.

I remember watching a TV cop show in the late 70's called NYPD Blue. They had some Vietnam Vet that was settin up a SWAT team in some major city. I distinctly remember telling my wife that the militarization of the police would come to a bad end.

What happened to Jesse Sansone and Jonathon Logan and Ian Thompson and now the events in High River have really swung me over to Jim's way of thinking.

I also have been around here long enough to know that Brother Kieth is Old School and one of the good guys. Thank you Kieth for your service.