Originally Posted by the_shootist
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I did get it. I'm saying that societal values changing don't enter into what happened.

Then you didn't get it. The changes I spoke of had NOTHING to do with the "Gun Grab" in High River. That was as wrong as it could have been. But the other comments by Jim is what I was addressing.

So to say it all over again for the 50th time . . . .

The High River "GUN GRAB" WAS WRONG ON EVERY LEVEL and I was not trying to minimize that at all EVER! wink

I'm off to greener pastures, well, whiter pastures right now. Y'all have fun. laugh

Oh, I got it. My observations were based on why it happened to begin with and who initiated it. An order had to come down from on high. An order that no one, regardless of rank or position, questioned. It's less about your average constable and more about the decision makers and the system in general. What broke that something like this would happen?

The fact that times change is true, but that's not part of the problem in High River. Jim losing faith with police generally has happened across the board almost everywhere on the planet, but that is a different discussion.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]