Originally Posted by woodson
Can anyone speak to BDC reticle Meopta uses? My only experience using a holdover reticle is limited to a Nikon Prostaff 22 BDC. The circles Nikon uses couldn't be worse IMO. The Meopta BDC looks rather straightforward and doesn't dominate the sight picture. Apparently one is to sight in dead on at 100 and the corresponding marks are for 200-500 yards but using what ballistics? One size can't fit all in this circumstance.

No one size doesn't fit all....Meopta and Zeiss both have a ballistics calculator on their site which requires info to be entered such as caliber, bullet weight, ballistics coefficient, elevation etc to calculate the distances for the BDC and Rapid Z reticle marks.

A few years ago I read a test report written by a gunwriter who tested many of the popular BDC type reticles. Meopta was not tested but Zeiss, Leupold, Nikon, Burris and several other brands were. His conclusion of the testing reported Zeiss's ballistics calculator and Rapid Z600-1000 reticles were dead on.

Leupold's reticles were a distant 2nd with the rest being mostly inaccurate. I wouldn't strictly rely on a program to determine bullet impact. Time behind the trigger is needed to verify.

Last edited by Ghostman; 12/16/13.