Originally Posted by jryoung
It is important to know the changing dynamics related to the white pine bark though. Grizz are very adaptive, and as a result of the WPB and the lack of cutthroat they've turned to elk and other sources of food.

Surely they can adapt anywhere which speaks volumes in terms of their adaptability to changing habitats, unfortunately too many want to cherry pick issues when it comes to grizz and wolves.

The cutthroat trout deal is another wild goose chase. I've mentioned this before but we have a camp south of the park. I know guys who've been in that country for 40 years. I've only been going in for ten. No one I've talked to has seen those bears fishing. When the trout are up the creeks you'll see pools full of fish. You'd think the bears would be there fishing, but they aren't.

And we go in there to fish so we are there when the fish would be available. We see bears but they aren't fishing. And one of the best pools is visible from camp. And we see bears crossing that stretch. I'm sure some bears have caught fish but I can't believe it was any sort of major food source. The fish are really only in the streams for a few weeks.