Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
saddlesore take a look at a set of Timbrens.....very simple and will take care of any rear end sag and sway

as far as a weight distributing hitch , I dunno , I have pulled some beastly loads without one but I am not running in mountains

I put Timbrens on my '11 F250 as it sagged with almost any load; both a 7K loaded bumper-pull horse trailer, or a steel 6-horse gooseneck at a weighed GCW of 23K.

The Timbrens helped, but under the gooseneck, they get completely compressed. I'mm probably going to put bags under this truck.

Vince- FWIW, I think you can put bags under your truck and just go anywhere with those weights.

One of the specific Dodge Truck Forums might be the best place to get good answers.

there could be different weight ratings for differing sets of Timbrens I suppose......my 97 Dodge 2500 sagged pretty good with a gooseneck full of cattle as it came stock......went with some Timbrens and it now runs nice and level and feels more stable ......this with loads on the gooseneck 12 to 16000 or so

also run a slide in sprayer on the back of that pickup in the summer months...1000 lbs or a little more for the sprayer and 300 gallons of water....pickup sets nice and level