I also want to add something for those who can't imagine why there isn't .22 ammo available if so much is being made.

Well, try to imagine (and I know that's difficult for some of you) that every time anybody bought a new set of tires for their vehicle, instead of buying 4 they bought 400. Due to the basic laws of capitalism, manufacturing capacity is "designed" to fill demand. It would be stupid to build enough tire factories to produce twice as many tires as people buy, let alone 100 times as much.

But IF demand for tires increased 100 times, there'd be a tire shortage too, and a buying panic. Fortunately, most people can't store 400 tires in their garages, so they can't hoard 'em, and they can't show up at the local Wal-Mart and buy 400 tires every time the tire truck shows up. As a result we'll probably never see the stupidity, greed and fear over tires we're presently seeing over rimfire ammo.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck