Right now the thing to do is be patient, I am seeing very little .22 mag. or long rifle appearing on the shelves, usually in small amounts and expensive. I have seen some of the top of the line Eley at $20.00 a box on the internet, which is normal retail for this Olympic grade ammo.

I have sold 2 of my .22 rimfire guns and have put an emphasis on my pellet guns, have always been an air gun and black powder enthusiast anyways. Had thought about selling my CZ-452 that I have had since 2001, but it is too nice a gun to unload. The hoarders who are trying to get a quick profit by jacking up the price are primarily the issue now, but if we stay patient and not buy from them this should help. What ammo you have in stock I would use very sparingly, I keep it to 25-30 rounds for my .22 RF guns per trip to the range, and use my other center fire and airguns most of the time.

Another change that might happen is with the 2008 shortage, and this new one going into the second year other manufacturers might realize that expensive investment into tooling to make this caliber would be a safe and lucrative business investment. How about Ford Motor Company making .22 ammo? They have made other products like aircraft, etc. before. We are clearly in a long term need mode and with more makers, more ammo.